Monday, June 22, 2020

Tutoro ChainOiler

There is no centre stand on the CRF and I don’t want to add one because of the extra weight. Also, they are not generally available (as far as I can tell) which makes the decision easier. Oiling the chain manually was a faff, so after asking on an internet forum, the Tutoro chainoiler came highly recommended. It is motion activated, so no electrics or vacuum to set up. Only problem was where to mount it as there is not much available space on the bike. The solution? I mounted it inside the lockable panel housing the tool kit. Perfect fit; almost like it was made to measure! I was unreasonably proud of myself as I’m not great at this sort of stuff and there is usually more swearing than success. Drilled a hole in the tool box panel to route the oil tube through and down to the rear sprocket. It needs tidying up a bit around the foot peg, but overall it’s pretty successful. I even properly cleaned the chain before fitting the oiler.    So, Tutoro chainoiler for the CRF250 Rally: success!          

 


 Soundtrack: "Motorcycle Emptiness" - Manic Street Preachers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Engine crash bars

Wasn't going to go for these as I didn't want to add too much extra weight. However, on a ride out to Loomies cafe I met another CRF...